Saturday, August 28, 2010

Begin Again

As I embark on my "Eat Pray Love"-like journey, I have decided to start a blog to document my adventures and discoveries. For five months, I will be interning at Behnisch Architekten in Venice, California. The following three months, I will be studying abroad in Europe, residing mainly in Berlin, with a few trips here and there. Lastly, I will end up back in Boston, wrapping up my senior year of college. My hope is to become a blank slate and just learn from the world around me (hence the title of my blog).

This past week of constant moving, packing, and repacking has been an adventure in and of itself. After two van-fulls of just stuff, I made the conclusion that I need to simplify my life and get rid of things. I filled up three garbage bags worth of old clothing for donation. I managed to move to Cali with two large suitcases... still too much in my opinion, but baby steps.

For the past few months, I have been looking forward to moving out west to start over again. I will be completely independent--no friends, no family. While this fact may terrify some, I'm thrilled for the opportunity to meet new people. There will be no expectations that I must live up to (except maybe at work). I can redefine who I want to be... a new beginning.

With that, some pictures.
Farewell, Boston. See you in eight months.



My new home in Venice, just 1.6 miles from the beach.

My modest bedroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment