Sunday, September 19, 2010

Hollywood

Yesterday I decided to venture up to Hollywood.

A few years ago, I ordered a CD off of eBay from this place called Amoeba Music. When I received my order, it came with a postcard. I thought, "cool, whatever" and didn't think anything of it.
A few weeks ago while I was riding my bike to work, I saw a bumper sticker on a truck for Amoeba Music, and that triggered a memory. So I looked it up, and it was conveniently located in Hollywood, so I had to check it out.
Anyone who knows me knows how much I love Newbury Comics back home. So imagine how overwhelmed I was when I entered the store. It's two stories FILLED with millions of CDs, DVDs, LPs, posters, etc. This place is entertainment heaven. I could have spent the entire day in there, but I had to restrain myself from buying everything I wanted. I ended up leaving with five DVDs and two CDs all for about $30.

After I ate dinner, I strolled along Hollywood Boulevard and saw all the touristy areas. I walked along the Walk of Fame (maybe walked a little too long in search of Jamba Juice, which was unsuccessful), passed by the Kodak Theater, and saw the hand and foot prints at Mann's Chinese Theatre. Hollywood Boulevard is interesting; there's a distinct beginning and end to where it's densely populated. Once you pass a certain street, it's completely dead.

I decided to go to the Ripley's Believe It or Not Odditorium. It was actually quite interesting. If you ever watched the TV show hosted by Dean Cain, most of the stuff is old news, but nonetheless, it was still fascinating.

And that was my Saturday.

1 comment: