Friday, September 3, 2010

Crazy

A few days ago, I was unfortunate enough to experience LA traffic.  People aren't exaggerating when they say it's bumper to bumper.  It still baffles my mind that a five-lane highway can be so packed. I thought Massachusetts was bad with three lanes, but this is ridiculous!

Usually in the mornings, it's a bit cooler (around 55 - 60 degrees) and it's a bit foggy, but yesterday was worse than usual. So here's my question. If you look at the image to the left, would you say that's fog or smog? Because we've all heard about the LA pollution. With that many cars driving in traffic, I wouldn't be surprised if that was all car exhaust.

Lastly, my rant of the day. Yesterday I was strolling along the boardwalk as usual, minding my own business. Now, Venice Beach is somewhat known for all the crazy bums that are around, but I figured that would be fine if they were doing their own things and I was doing mine. Well, I was wrong.  As I was walking, some nutjob decided to block my way as I tried to avoid him and then followed me, attempting to hit on me. Needless to say, I was not impressed. First off, he asked too many personal questions. Secondly, he was dirty, and for anyone that knows me, you know that I am OCD about being clean. Last of all, he touched my hair. I almost lost it at that point. Thank God he went away after spreading his germs onto me.

Hopefully my next entry will have some better experiences.

2 comments:

  1. AHAH i can't believe he touched your hair! i can just imagine your internal dialogue when that happened.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the great thing about living at the beach in LA is that I can definitely tell you it is not smog but fog (that is unless you have the Santa Ana Winds blowing from the mountains to the ocean area that only happens I think in the fall.). That is why most people want to be on the west side of LA because the air is usually better as the wind blows in from the sea to the mountains.

    ReplyDelete